Given the significant cost-base procurement manages, in these margin pressurised times, it is no surprise that the role of procurement is of massive importance. According to recent studies, procurement spends typically represents 30-60 per cent of an organization’s revenues. Perhaps more concerning, or enlightening, depending on your viewpoint, benchmarking studies carried out by Copernicus have uncovered variances of up to 850% from best practice to short term or impulse buying.
The Copernicus advisory and research procurement team help organizations realize real value from their procurement sourcing decisions. Our coverage of procurement spans the entire Source-to-Pay (S2P) process, including:
• End-to-end sourcing advisory. On your behalf, we analyse the current position, develop a solution, assist with negotiation and transition planning.
• Assessment of the current procurement model. We analyse the situation across multiple levels, including sourcing model, scope and scale, performance management, value creation, and risk management.
• Strategy development. We help clients continue to build upon the output gained from the initial project, developing a continuous improvement programme.
• Procurement improvement services. We improve the client’s efficiency and effectiveness by identifying improvement potential and defining an implementation program.
• Pricing benchmarking services. We determine the right price for the required quality of service relative to various market conditions.
• Value-added research. We deliver insights and analysis based on both published and proprietary studies.